No Gas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhaul

Reaction score
I made a wine expert kit, Pink Mascato. It fermented in 7 days, when I racked it into a carboy yesterday added sorbate and went to degas there was no gas, not one bubble.does this mean there is something wrong

You have not provided enough specific information.

Did you check your gravity at beginning and end to determine the fermentation was compete?
If fermentation Is compete you should Have wine & gas.

How did you try to degas?

yes gravity at beginning was 1.070 at end was .998. i always used a vacuvin to degas. this is the first wine where i didnt have any gas

I tasted some off the stirring spoon. im not a wine drinker. i make it for my wife and friends. i went on with the process and we will see what happens. its in the clearing stage now.

Sounds like you knocked most of the gas out of your wine during your fermentation.

What I’d do:

Let the wine clear. Rack and have someone who drinks wine taste it. They need to be completely honest. If there’s and sharpness or fizz, there’s still gas in your wine. You can manually degas, or just dose if with kmeta and wait 3 more months. Store you wine in a 70* + room. It will degas on its own.

Last edited:
Back