No Corkscrew?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never imagined. My corkscrew broke one night and I had to just push the cork in. Next time I'll try a shoe.

Same happened to me one nght DE, I used a framing hammer. It didnt work so good. I too wish I would have tought of a shoe.LOL

Last week I drove a 3" drywall screw into a cork and then pulled it out with a pair of pliers. Surely the shoe method would be preferable for polite company.

depends whose shoe it was. Kind of embarrasing to ask a guest for their shoe dont you think?

Troy. You could of use your shoe to get that moose out. If you only had a shoe handy. :slp

Wow~I so had to share...next time I am stranded on a deserted island and a bottle of wine floats up, I can use my 1 good shoe to partake.

That is awesome Tom, thanks for sharing that! I will have to try that!!!!!!!!!! Ive done what Mud did a few times with the screw and the claws of a hammer.

I wonder if that's how the wino's open their bottles? Can't imagine them carrying around a cork screw. :ib

Last week I drove a 3" drywall screw into a cork and then pulled it out with a pair of pliers. Surely the shoe method would be preferable for polite company.

done that a few times myself. sucks when it pulls out just the screw though

I tried the shoe method yesterday on a bottle of pear wine. Didn't work for me. Guess I don't have big feet.......and you know what they say about guys with big feet?

They need big shoes!

Latest posts

Back