no bubbles in air lock in peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mersydo

Junior
Reaction score
maybe i didn't have enough peaches to start with, but everything went great in the primary fermenter ( s.g. readings were just what is recommended ). then when i transferred to the carboy, i only had enough liquid to fill the bottle 3/4ths full. may have made other mistakes ( ie should i have taken the airlock off to stir it, did not have in a dark room, ?? ). bottom line, what should i do now-i'm about 17 days from the very beginning of the process. also-is it ok to suck the tube to begin the siphoning process, or do you need something more sophisticated?

What was the gravity when you transfered it? Or more important, what is it now?

Last edited:
If you measure the gravity it should be around .990. Then the wine is finished. Rack and stabilize.

also-is it ok to suck the tube to begin the siphoning process, or do you need something more sophisticated?
Many people employ the suck-on-it method of siphon starting. Personally I use a Fermtech Auto-Siphon. I have the high-speed large size for transferring, and the small size for bottling.

Steve

Back