Nitrogen

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

patrick c.

Junior
Reaction score
Do many winemakers use nitrogen for storage and serving wine? Where do you get it, other than buying a tank and regulator?

I have a corny keg setup (the 5 gallon stainless tanks previously used for Coke and Pepsi) that I use for storage and serving of homebrew. I would like to use one of these for bulk aging and possibly for serving the wine, but I don't have source of Nitrogen or anything else inert. I know I could buy a tank and regulator, but I was hoping for a lower cost solution.

smurfe

Reaction score
Other than a tank and regulator I don't know what to tell you. I did a Google search of the town listed under your user name and searched Airgas. It looks like you have a couple locations in your area. They would be an excellent choice to get your gas. Thats where I get my beer gas (nitro/co2 mix) tanks at. If you have a local bar that has a lot on tap you might ask them where they get their gas at. The supplier may have something that can help you out.

Tom

Reaction score
I know people who use nitrogen to push the wine from a corny keg (only way to do it W/O carbonating the wine). You will need a 5# tank and regulator. I get my CO from a welding supply wholesaler. Not sure if have nitro.. worth a shot thou..

patrick c.

Junior
Reaction score
Thanks- there is a local welding shop that I get my CO2 from. Maybe they have some used ones...

Latest posts