nice cheap wine racks!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried to order one thru Sams online, response back that it was no longer available, not even shipped to the store...... Guess I'll get one thru Amazon......

Al

Al that's the response you get when they are out of stock. They will get them back in but you just never know how long it'll take.

Rocky, I did check on that each time I bought one and this is one item they do not let you have shipped to the store for free shipping.

Ditto, I've tried that before too!

They have been out of stock from Sam's Club for about 3 weeks now......same with with the Seville webiste. I just ended up buying them from Amazon as well.........my 3rd one!

Sometimes it can take months so just be patient or buy from Amazon if your in a hurry. I still think Sam's is cheaper even with shipping.

I have been wanting to build a OAK wine rack for quite a while now, but keep putting it off. [time & money]. Soooo those of you with this rack & a little wood working skill, what do you think of putting a OAK face on the metal shelves? Do you think it would look good? Could save a lot of time consuming work, I think it would look good & be very functional. Roy

The racks that we ordered from Amazon on the 20th arrived on the 26th. We are pleased in the quality of them and the ease of assembly. Once my wife and I were able to figure out the somewhat vague instructions as well as determining how far apart the shelves need to be, we were able to assemble them in 10 minutes. Having two people to assemble helps, it would be a bit awkward trying by yourself. Here are a few pictures if them in our cellar.

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4078.JPG

Wait til they get filled up? Wait til they get emptied! I just bought one from Amazon also and assembled it Friday night by myself. No problems.

P7270004 (600x800).jpg

P7270005 (600x800).jpg

tfries, those 4 racks look great together, so I have to ask the ? again. How do you [anyone] think these racks would look with a "false" oak face, sides & top. I don't really have the time/money to build a 500-700 bottle oak wine rack, but I could set these up now & face them with oak at a later date, to match the rest of the oak I plan on having in the "Winery Room". Roy

Roy, I have four the these racks and I have considered covering the sides and the back with some type of wood (e.g. plywood or paneling, but not the front. If you are going for aesthetics, I think it would be fine. If money is an issue, I would recommend poplar stained with an oak stain. Poplar takes stain real well, is easy to work and costs a lot less than oak.

Seville Wine Rack currently on sale

FYI for those interested in this wine rack and those worried about the time it takes for the free shipping from Amazon: The Seville Classics 168-Bottle 7-Shelf Wine Rack is currently on sale at Amazon for $104.58 with free Super Saver shipping. I ordered one on Sunday with the free shipping and it arrived on Thursday. It probably helps that the distribution center it shipped from is less than 100 miles from me but even allowing for more time in transit, the free shipping is fairly fast.

For you that have this rack already. What is your opinion of setting it up on carpet? Will it be sturdy enough as I don't have a concrete floor except in my garage that would suffice.

Should be fine on carpet. The rack is substantial, with a wide stance. The legs are approx 13" center-center, front-back.

The two I have now are NOT on carpet, but the next two will be :)

I just ordered two! Amazon prime is only $105 right now and they are in stock. Free 2 day shipping.

THANKS!

You guys will love them. For the price and quantity of wine they hold you can't beat them. Some commercial establishments even use them. I own three of them to hold the wine that won't fit in my wine cellar. Actually right now I could use an addition two. They'll be fine on carpet.

Darn! I shoulda waited. Just got mine about two weeks ago. Regardless, it's a great value. Nice and sturdy; easy to set up.

Just got one. Still 104.58 and free shipping. I know my 77 bottle wood rack I just made cost me more to make so this is a good deal for bulk storage.

Latest posts

Back