next kit=shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
after i get this triple berry blend settled, i've got the niagra mist sangria zinfandel blush kit to do, but i know i'd like the next kit to be shiraz.
anyone have any suggestions? anyone have a favorite?
thanks for input!

I just did a WE International Australian Shiraz and just bottled it a couple months ago and of course I couldn't wait so I tried a bottle last week. It still has a very young taste but I can see it is going to be a great one in a year or so..

I bottled a Kenridge 16L Australia Shiraz a few months ago. It tasted good young and tasted even better now, I can hardy wait to try it again in another month or two. I would recomend this.

I just made the RJS Cru Select Platinum Aussie Shiraz. Pretty green at this point, but had a decent character and aroma (actually, about as nice as the shiraz I topped it off with). This is VERY young, so I can't really honestly judge it yet, but I am encouraged.

ha ha so there you go three replies and three different answers... Isn't that just like winemaking...

ha ha so there you go three replies and three different answers... Isn't that just like winemaking...

What is that old saying....

"Ask ten winemakers a question and you will get back eleven different answers."

Just to add a different answer (get get the answers over 10 winemakers, and 11 answers)....

I haven't made many non-limited edition shiraz kits. But I have really enjoyed the Vinterra Shiraz and the Cru Select Shiraz-Viognier. I believe that the latter is less than 10% Viognier. I have another Vinterra Shiraz ready to bottle at the moment (started May 2010).

So there's one winemaker with two answers.

Steve

thanks for feeback! it gives me a direction to start looking as i'm doing my homework!

Latest posts

Back