newcomer lots of questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supertramp

Junior
Reaction score
i have just got into making wine this year and i cant seem to find anyone who knows anything about it.

Well there's some here who know a little bit. Did you have a specific question?

Steve

iv made a lot of apple wine. the first ones were less alcoholic and more tasty. the later were more alcoholic and aweful. i just used cider from the store and added sugar to SG of 1.06 for the better tasting ones and 1.14 for the not so tasty ones. one of my problems is that even after very prudent sanitation my wine seems to give me digestive problems. any thoughts?

Strawberry wine ?s ok i have 50 pounds of strawberries mashed and seperated into four buckets, added five pound of sugar and two gallons of water to each bucket. my SG is 1.04 so i think i need to add more sugar i was thinking around SG 1.086. then leave the juice in the buckets with towels over them for 24 hours with campden tabs. then pitch the champaine yeast. should i leave in the buckets for primary fermentation or imediately airlock them in carboys. i was also thinking about adding pectic enzyme, acid blend, and i heard something about tea. whats up with that. is it just regular lipton tea? what does that do? anyway does this recipe sound like it will work? and how much will aging change the taste?

Latest posts

Back