Quantcast

Newcomer in Scotland

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

FlatVintner

Junior
Reaction score
Hello! I live in Scotland and am completely new to wine making (and any sort of home brewing). I've know next to nothing about making a wine but am very keen to give it a go so I'll probably have lots of questions to ask!

I'd imagine that once I've got some equipment sorted I'll try a fairly simple kit first and then try something a bit more advanced after that.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to wmt

bkisel

Reaction score
Hello! I live in Scotland and am completely new to wine making (and any sort of home brewing). I've know next to nothing about making a wine but am very keen to give it a go so I'll probably have lots of questions to ask!

I'd imagine that once I've got some equipment sorted I'll try a fairly simple kit first and then try something a bit more advanced after that.
Welcome to the forum!

I think that starting with a simple kit is a good place to start. Are kits readily available to you?

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to winemakingtalk

AkTom

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. This is a great place to learn.
I'd also recommend a kit or 2 if they are available. If not jump into Danger Dave's Dragon Blood. It's in the recipe section.

FlatVintner

Junior
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I think that starting with a simple kit is a good place to start. Are kits readily available to you?
Thanks for the welcome. I'll probably end up buying a kit online to be honest rather than in a local shop, I don't think wine making is much of a thing in Scotland really! I'm starting a graduate job and moving into a flat at the end of the month and after that I'll get going with some wine, at the moment I'm just trying to read up about it, work out what kit I need and how best to fit wine making into a flat.

Fozz

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. You'll be surprised how easy it is to fit it in to both your lifestyle and accommodation and once you are under way you will find many other local people are into wine making. Good luck and happy brewing.

BernardSmith

Reaction score
Hi FlatVintner, Welcome. Scotland is a big and beautiful country. Well, OK, not so large but very beautiful. I grew up in Scotland - Born in Glasgow and did post graduate work at Aberdeen. Where are you from?

FlatVintner

Junior
Reaction score
Hi FlatVintner, Welcome. Scotland is a big and beautiful country. Well, OK, not so large but very beautiful. I grew up in Scotland - Born in Glasgow and did post graduate work at Aberdeen. Where are you from?
Born in England but live in Perthshire at the moment!

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome. I started with a few 1/2 gallons of welches juice that I purchased from the local grocery store, some 1118 yeast, a hydrometer and an airlock. It doesn't take a heck of a lot to get going.