Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished my first wine, Moscato. It was a kit and didn't taste bad at all. So I've order a Cabernet Sauvignon to complete my second wine. I can wait to start working on the next batch. View attachment 31940

Very nice! Did you come out on top? I haven't actually tried a kit yet but just brewed my first 5 gal wine from wild fruit.

one of my first kits was a tweaked up Island Mist Moscato I did for my daughter who seldom drinks. We were visiting and she pulled out a bottle that was two years old. I know the Mist type kits are more for early drinking, but man! It had changed and gotten smoother with a longer finish. It was no where near that good two years ago. Try to save a few bottles just to expeience the difference time can make on a wine.

I see more carboys in your future!

Very nice! Did you come out on top? I haven't actually tried a kit yet but just brewed my first 5 gal wine from wild fruit.

Just out of curiosity, what species are you using? I've been thinking about using wild stuff. I assume you are using grapes.

Just out of curiosity, what species are you using? I've been thinking about using wild stuff. I assume you are using grapes.

Grapes do not grow wild here, using persimmon here in East Texas.
Muscadine grow wild but i can't find any.

I'm using montrachet wine yeast because i researched that it does so well in hot climate 80-90 degrees.

Using the montrachet, make sure you keep the nutrients up. It is a agood yeast, but if it gets stressed it tends to give you some off oders. Arne.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on finishing your first wine.

Maybe not a big deal but I would have filled all those clear bottles to a level like the one in the foremost foreground of your photo. The bottle where the wine comes just up into the neck of the clear bottle.

Grapes do not grow wild here, using persimmon here in East Texas.
Muscadine grow wild but i can't find any.

Interesting. I thought muscadines were confined to florida, Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia. Do you live in an area with the black waxy soil?

I just finished my first wine, Moscato. It was a kit and didn't taste bad at all. So I've order a Cabernet Sauvignon to complete my second wine. I can wait to start working on the next batch.
Do you know which varietal(s) of muscat you got?

Latest posts

Back