Newbie from the UK

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBCUK

Junior
Reaction score
Hey, just started making my own wine yesturday after my father in law suggested it.. Really love me cabernet sauvignon! so thats my first!

Lovin the forum btw. Lots of great tips and experiences!

nice of you to join us MB, pull up a chair and share and ask.

Glad to have you in the group.

Troy

Hello and welcome MBCUK,

Do you get any interesting kits that are just UK branded?.. Particularly fruit based kits?.heheh.. we know once you are hooked, you'll be branching out into all sorts of stuff.. :p

Allie

First time

Hello and welcome MBCUK,

Do you get any interesting kits that are just UK branded?.. Particularly fruit based kits?.heheh.. we know once you are hooked, you'll be branching out into all sorts of stuff.. :p

Allie

Hello all,

I'm an old newbi. Made my first kit wine Feb of "09. It was a Sangiovese that I am still waiting to drink.

My plan is to make a batch a month, then one year later have something to enjoy as either a first or second bottle each night. The wine tastes young. How long does an average bottle need to sit before it matures?
I'm not a youngster, so I don't want to wait 3 to 5 years.

I have made 7 batches to date, all are from the Estate Selection series. They say 6 to 12 months and the wine should be ready. I would like to hear some comments on others expeeriences with this brand. Also any suggestions on other brands.

I'm a little snowed in here in Chester County PA, so I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thunderhill

Latest posts

Back