Newbie from S. Louisiana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
Just joined up but not a newbie to fermenting. I have been doing beer and muscadine wines for about 8 yrs now. I live 30 miles east of Baton Rouge, LA.

I am a muscadine nut. I love to eat them, esp the variety Darlene and Sweet Jenny and also make wine with them. I did 40 gallons this year.

Welcome to the party!
smiley20.gif

For anyone here in S. Louisiana that wants to try making muscadine wines, I normally give away 200-300 lbs every fall as I have way to much to handle by myself. If you need some next fall, just contact me and come on over.

toddrod said:
For anyone here in S. Louisiana that wants to try making muscadine wines, I normally give away 200-300 lbs every fall as I have way to much to handle by myself. If you need some next fall, just contact me and come on over.

Thanks thats a very generous offer for folks in the area. I have never tasted it before but its a variety often talked about on this forum. Sounds like a favorite of those who has access to it.

Todd, I attend retreat every summer at Manrisa on the Mississippi (Convent, La.). I often walk along the levi and notice many back yard vineyards. I have assumed they are Muscadine. Yes, or are their other grapes that grow along the Gulf Coast.
And BTW these are good folks on this forum, you'll love it.

Howdy and welcome. I might just take you up on that as I live right down the road from you in Gonzales. I am sure Gaudet will chime in as well as he is right down the road the other direction in N.O. area

If I can keep the coons out of the vines next yr I know I will have plenty extra, even more than this yr.

Latest posts

Back