Newbie from Alberta!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit33

Reaction score
Hello! Decided a couple of months ago to give this whole wine making thing a go and boy have we given it a go!! Jumped right in with both feet...
Banana.gif
Started with a Niagara Mist for my girls and a Cellar Craft Showcase Mystic for my hubby and I. A couple of weeks later we started a red and white Cheeky Monkey (limited editions) a Grand Cru Bergamais and a Glad Hatter Chilean Merlot. Got those all bottled up and started a couple more Niagara Mists for our girls (the Raspberry Dragonfruit is delicious) an Atmosphere Muller Thurgau and an RJ's Primeur Winemakers Trio Red. Today I ordered a Cellar Craft Showcase Cab/Merlot and a Rosso Fortissimo (saw some great reviews on here for them so thanks for that!) and picked up an Ultimate Estate Reserve Cab Sauv and Pinot Grigio for our daughters wedding in July! We are having too much fun! We love to drink it and now we love to make it! I'm not a big white wine drinker but a few of our friends are so any Pinot Grigio recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated. We had no idea when we started this that we would have 330 bottles of wine and another 120 more ready to start 10 weeks later! I have pre-ordered 4 of the 2017 RQ's and then I'll be done...maybe...

Anyway, if you have made any of the above wines I'd love to hear your feedback on them!...
happy0199.gif

Tracy
Save
Save

Welcome to the forum!

I think you saying you jumped in with both feet is an understatement. Hope you never decide to be a mass murderer or some such thing!
smilie.gif

you know people always say to start small and work yourself slowly into things, whatever that means,, lol ,, my very first attempt was 12 gallon apple/pear/crab apple blend, 13 gallons wild blackberry wine, 9 gallon elderberry, and 7 an 1/2 strawberry, all at the very same time and all hand picked By me-myself-an-I,,, , I believe in , if your going into something then go all the way in. WIN, LOSE or DRAW,,, but this site was an still is a heaven sent for me. and it don't matter wines or country wines, people on here can give you some super sites for concentrates fruit bases or grape buckets, places for equipment, so on an so fourth,
best of luck to you, i like the way you started, both feet none of that tippy toe malarkey,
Dawg

Hello! Decided a couple of months ago to give this whole wine making thing a go and boy have we given it a go!! Jumped right in with both feet...
Banana.gif
Started with a Niagara Mist for my girls and a Cellar Craft Showcase Mystic for my hubby and I. A couple of weeks later we started a red and white Cheeky Monkey (limited editions) a Grand Cru Bergamais and a Glad Hatter Chilean Merlot. Got those all bottled up and started a couple more Niagara Mists for our girls (the Raspberry Dragonfruit is delicious) an Atmosphere Muller Thurgau and an RJ's Primeur Winemakers Trio Red. Today I ordered a Cellar Craft Showcase Cab/Merlot and a Rosso Fortissimo (saw some great reviews on here for them so thanks for that!) and picked up an Ultimate Estate Reserve Cab Sauv and Pinot Grigio for our daughters wedding in July! We are having too much fun! We love to drink it and now we love to make it! I'm not a big white wine drinker but a few of our friends are so any Pinot Grigio recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated. We had no idea when we started this that we would have 330 bottles of wine and another 120 more ready to start 10 weeks later! I have pre-ordered 4 of the 2017 RQ's and then I'll be done...maybe...

Anyway, if you have made any of the above wines I'd love to hear your feedback on them!...
happy0199.gif

Tracy
Save
Save

Latest posts

Back