Newbie from “wine country”

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tandrup

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My name is Lars and I live in Sonoma County surrounded by wine and vineyards. I’ve been lurking a bit in the forum and have used all of the wonderful advice to plant my little hobby vineyard in the back.

I am looking forward to learning as I go - I feel secure enough to get started, but also realize that I don’t really know what I’m doing. I’m a few years away from retirement and wanted to get phase 1 of the vineyard started this year so it will be up and running when I retire.

mew put in 60 Chardonnay vines that we bought from Novawine right around the corner from us.
D22C2B2B-6CF5-40A9-8D96-6F825D327D15.jpeg
I am looking forward to getting to know you guys, learning more about your passion and getting educated

Attachments

• 3F35D7EF-B1D4-4A34-8539-6198B22C4905.jpeg
    3F35D7EF-B1D4-4A34-8539-6198B22C4905.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to WMT!

A suggestion -- go into your Account Details and add your rough location, so it's displayed on your posts. When you ask questions this will save time as people won't have to ask where you are located. A lot of growing advice will vary depending on your location.

Thanks for all the warm welcome notices and suggestions. I will update my account. The metal posts for the trellis system are already ordered - but with all the commercial vineyards planting right now, they are on back-order. Hopefully I should get them within a week or two.

Back