Newbie and just about to start

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem with that extra aging. Will help the wine to clear for one thing.

I usually make higher end kits and they end up in carboy longer than that. Just check them regularly to make sure that the liquid in the air lock hasn't disappeared.

Steve

Thank you for the pointers. I had picked these kits because I felt they would be an easy start, that way if I mess them up it would not be to much money down the drain.
Jim

not familiar with the specific kit - given that it came with 60 corks and 60 capsules i am guessing it is two 23L/6 gal kits. how many gal are the concentrate bags before adding water?

My only watch-out would be the mushroom corks, which i am assuming are short T-cork tasting corks you just push in by hand. wine will not age well in these, you'd have to drink the 60 bottles in a few months time probably. i would consider finding a corker on ebay or craigslist and using full length non-tapered corks.

I have ordered straight corks. I was wondering. I plan to put together a corkidor (saw in another thread here). Can I sanitize my T-corks and bottles and use the the T-Corks to seal the bottles and store for long periods?
Jim

Latest posts

Back