Newbe starting to run with the big dogs,,

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry0220

Reaction score
I finally got up the nerve to make some wine from fruit and not just by using the kits. Oh the kits are great,,I have made a few! But when you step outside of the box and do it all alone,,it is a great experience! I had picked 25 lbs of strawberries, cleaned, cored, sliced and put in the freezer. Then on Aug. 1st I made up my mind and started. The beginning SG was 1.085 it fermented down to .996. Just checked again still .996. Stablized and added a F pak raised the SG to 1.000. Looks good to me,,could clear a little more, but it taste pretty good right now (if I do say so myself,,LOL). Just wanted to share this with all of you, because without reading the post and learning a lot from all your experience, I couldn't have done it without ya,,so Thank you all!

I know that feeling. I made two kits before I tried a fruit wine. They were two very inexpensive kits from amazon and I have not been able to drink them yet (4 months old). I then ventured out and made a Skeeter Pee. I enjoyed that. I then made a peach and a strawberry.

I bottled my first wine yesterday, the Skeeter Pee. I am excited about that. Peach is next.

I thought I was going to go with a higher end kit next but I got a good sounding recipe using blackberry jam and a cabernet concentrate so I am going with that.

I really enjoy making non kit wine.

I am slowly learning to test and adjust and that makes it more enjoyable.

Latest posts

Back