New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Atmosphere or Eclipse?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ringmany

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to make a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. The 2 main kits I'm looking towards are:

• Eclipse New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc £120
  • Atmosphere - Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand £75
I've been reading mixed reviews of the two. I was wondering which kit you believe is the best from your personal experience and why?

Thanks.

I’ve been happy with my Eclipse New Zealand Sauvignon blanc. It was good at the 5-6 month mark and continues to drink well after a year.

Eclipse is 18L vs 16L for the atmosphere. that would make the decision for me every time but then i'm a wine kit snob

cheers

It may be a bit early, but does anyone have a comment about the LE18 Fume Blanc versus the Eclipse S.B.? How do they compare? My Fume Blanc is just finishing clearing and I am a bit underwhelmed. I've added a small amount of oak cubes and may add some acid blend down the road.

I made the eclipse, it was so good! None left after a year and a half!

I've only done the Eclipse, but have done it a few times. Good stuff - it goes fast!

Please do both and report back. ;)

My flume Blanca came out outstanding just bottled and label got 25bottle yield. I would do it again for sure.

I got about a 26 ish bottle yield on the Fume Blanc. It have to admit I don't have much experience making whites but being there are not skins this yield kind of suprised me.

here was my plan and finish.................

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 9a.jpg
    9a.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 121
  • flume blanc 002 - Copy.jpg
    flume blanc 002 - Copy.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 98
6 to 8 mons
However whites are early drinking I have already tastes great Worth the effort.

Started brewing my Fume Blanc no tweaks. Unusually cold in Chicago had to strap on a brew belt.
Contemplating purchasing another limited edition kit.

Attachments

• 9B880CFD-D148-4D73-B9D8-29B95E1FB7F0.jpeg
    9B880CFD-D148-4D73-B9D8-29B95E1FB7F0.jpeg
    948.1 KB · Views: 34
I have started a 6 week SB from NZ. Wo7ld. Like to make v dry.
Any suggestions, like biolees?
Ric

Racked Fume Blanc, fermentation was vigorous. As sample of wine was crisp, very bright acidic taste. No hint of oak much like a Sauvignon Blanc. I expected more oak. Wait and see how it mature. I anticipate it will be a very nice white wine. Bottle in 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Back