New years intentions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luc

Dutch Winemaker
Reaction score
Besides my regular wines I would like to try some unconventionals this year.
I have some ideas.

- This year I have made sirup from roses and elderflowers. Great alcohol free beverages for the summer time or icecream topping :)
Now I have some of this sirup left and am planning to make wine from these.

- I have never made dandelion wine and I am sure planning to do so this year after reading so much good about this wine.

- I have never made rhubarb wine and if I can lay my hands on a considerable volume of rhubarb I will surely try to do so this year.

-Strawberries are their weight in gold worth at this moment.
But strawberry jam (marmalade or confiture i do not know what the right word in english is) is very cheap: 450 grams for 60 cents. So that is 225 grams of fruit and 225 grams of sugar. I am going to try to make wine from jam. I doesn't have to be strawberries though.

Who will share his or hers plans for this year here.

Luc

I am going to start a batch of strawberry. They are coming in season here and are cheap and plentiful. I am out of available carboys for the moment and am not going to buy any more so don't even mention it :D

Smurfe :)

I have three kits here to start. And I'm looking for a big cab kit ( see other post ). I will also try as many fruit wines as I possibly can in 07.

Back