New Wine Room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure that the primary reason a bottle would break like that, is when it doesn't go through the annealing oven after being formed. A bottle or a carboy would be the same, if you allow them to cool in the open air, that's what can happen.

Pretty much chalked it up to a latent defect in the bottle, losing the wine was a lot easier than emptying the racks to clean the back wall and floor. Bright side, didn’t get on any other bottles or labels, so just a cleaning job. Hope that never happens again.

Pretty much chalked it up to a latent defect in the bottle, losing the wine was a lot easier than emptying the racks to clean the back wall and floor. Bright side, didn’t get on any other bottles or labels, so just a cleaning job. Hope that never happens again.

All I could think was "I hope he put a seal on that grout.".

All I could think was "I hope he put a seal on that grout.".
Knowing Johnd’s style I think it’s safe to assume he’s got a minimum of x3 coats of grout sealer on that floor.
If not epoxy grout!

Not epoxy grout, just a low VOC product for use in food production areas. It came off of the tile / wall very easily, little bit of scrub brush work to get down into the joint took it right out. There was a very slight darknessin the joints afterwards, i sprayed the whole area down with M-meta, it was sparkly clean after it dried, joints and all.

Latest posts

Back