New Wine Room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if it was in the 90's with dewpoint in the high 70's outside I'd move a cot in there! Wifey can fend for herself.

We're having our typical summer here, although it started a lot earlier than usual, temps and humidity in the upper 90's, it's really depressing. Installing crown last night, 60 degrees and 71% humidity was a real pleasure, but I don't think I'm ready to pay the price for sleeping in there.............

Is this the same backsplash stone you picked out originally? Some the finished pics the stone looks almost emerald green as compared to a more grey/brown color shown in this pic here.

attachment.php

Couple of "done" photos. All the trim is done LED's and dimmers installed, touched up the paint, swept, vacuumed, wiped down all the surfaces, tools out of the room. DONE.

Is this the same backsplash stone you picked out originally? Some the finished pics the stone looks almost emerald green as compared to a more grey/brown color shown in this pic here.

attachment.php

Yes, it is Mike. Just like the floor, which is the same slate as the back splashes, once washed with water, it has a color enhancer applied along with a sealer. It really brings out the color variation in the tile and makes them pop. Admittedly, the colors are darker, richer, and a bit more "shiny" than the unfinished samples. Of course, as with all natural products, there is variation within each production run, even within each box of material, so you just try to mix it up as best you can.

And I agree, the photo looks very emerald green, I don't know why, it doesn't look like that in person, maybe the photo, the lighting, picking something up from the top, just not sure.......

This has been a fun project to watch, from start to finish. Thanks for letting us enjoy the journey! Your a true craftsman for sure, I bet your wines are spectacular also.

Pop a cork on something really nice, sit back and enjoy it. You've definitely earned it. Oh yeah...just send the bill to ibglowin. :)

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
I am going with the lighting or lack there of. Love the finished look. Hands down best in class winery/cellar! :br

I am going with the lighting or lack there of. Love the finished look. Hands down best in class winery/cellar! :br

Thanks Mike, the vote of confidence is greatly appreciated!

I was looking back over the thread this morning, hard to believe it's only been 3.5 months or so, feels like it went on forever. I'm pleased with the results.

Now it's time to pay the piper. Lots of honey do projects to catch up on, and a lot of wines to get back into, barrels to be racked, and a couple kits on deck.

JohnD....thanks for the play by play, I truly enjoyed watching it all come together. Awesome job, and I agree ibglowin, best one I've seen. Very tasteful.

You can sure be proud of the work you did on that room! My wife would never see me again unless she came to "the room".

Now I have to figure out a way to lure you up here to build my room (once I figure out how to pay for it).

Someday when the kids leave the house (I'd give it 15 years at least) and my wife and I start to travel, New Orleans is one of our destinations. I'll have to bring some wine to help stock those somewhat empty shelves.

Latest posts

Back