New Wine Room Design

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn’t chlorine the last chemical you want in a wine space?

Actually, the trade name is BeerClean, it's a no-rinse sanitizer and the go to final rinse in bars. My wife, who has a chef's grade palate, can not distinguish any taste difference before or after the BeerClean is used.

Now, with that said, it seems I was mistaken about the ingredients. I am posting the MSDS ingredients list for clarification.

2022-02-03_9-44-47.jpg

After many delays, work has started on my wine room. The new room is framed in. I will have 91 sq.ft. of floor space. Electrical will go in next week. This room is built in a space at the back of my extra deep garage. If anyone is curious, the little cut out you can see in one corner is because I don't want the electrical panel in the wineroom, and I don't want to try to move it.

There are a few things to resolve, e.g. the ceiling is at two different heights, and flooring needs to be added on one site.

20220708_135149.jpg

I am in the process of designing a new wine room and I thought I'd ask for your suggestions. We have a space at the back of the garage that is set up as an exercise room, which we don't really need. We plan to move in interior wall to make it a bit wider and will end up with a space that is about 12' x 8'. Our house has a heat pump, and according to the former owners it is capable of supporting another head. So I think we can put a heat pump head in the wine room for heating and cooling. Of course we will need to add insulation.

What I know I need:
  • Large sink with hot and cold water
  • Lots of counter space (probably at least 12')
  • Shelves for supplies, empty bottles and carboys
  • Wine bottle rack
  • Exhaust fan
  • Refrigerator and small microwave
  • Plenty of electrical outlets and lights
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on what you would include (if possible) when setting up a wine room. If you have a wine room or would like to have one, what would be the most important features?
Raptor99,
Thanks so much for asking this! someone directed me to this thread, as I am currently in the planning stages. SO MUCH GOOD INFORMATION!! Thank you thank you

Latest posts

Back