New Wine Room (Brew and Storage)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re done! Now to get brewing!

IMG_5618.JPG
My faucet is now installed!

IMG_5619.JPG
You can see it’s galley style - plenty of room for me to work when the door is closed. Those black boards at the end are stainless steel pegboard which I still need to get put up.

IMG_5620.JPG
This LE18 will be my first brew in this room.

IMG_5625.JPG
Toddler for scale - I currently have enough space for 450 bottles in the wine closet. I can expand when I run out of room but had to stop spending money. The shelving on the right is new and the left is what I had before starting the project.

IMG_5623.JPG
Another wine rack shot.

IMG_5626.JPG
No unsupervised visitors.

Looks great! Funny about the lock - my oldest will be 12 soon and my mother in law is asking if I plan to wall off/lock the wine making and storage area soon. I need to, but keep procrastinating.

Looks great! Funny about the lock - my oldest will be 12 soon and my mother in law is asking if I plan to wall off/lock the wine making and storage area soon. I need to, but keep procrastinating.

I thought wifey was the obstacle giving up the space. Her and her mom should have a talk because you have the help.

I thought wifey was the obstacle giving up the space. Her and her mom should have a talk because you have the help.

That area where my barrels are also contains some 'other stuff' that she's not willing to move. As you know, I want it to be 100% wine related storage - she wants it to just be 'storage', including some wine. :D

It just felt like a good idea. My toddler thinks all the things are for climbing on. The wine racks are secured to the wall - but I suspect his best superman impression would still get some bottles smashed and him hurt.

Latest posts

Back