New wine maker, possibly already hooked

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cash Peters

Junior
Reaction score
Hello there from sunny California. My name is Cash and I live in the central valley. I work for an irrigation district here and found myself with the opportunity to get some free Grenache grapes, so I bought all the supplies and jumped at the chance. I've always enjoyed the idea of a somewhat self-sustained life style including creating things you want/need at home for yourself, so why not take a shot at some home made wine?! Sounds like a good time to me and I hope that I will keep at it each year and learn/improve as I go. I'm sure this place will help.

Where in the Central Valley, it’s a big place!

Grenache in Ca ranges from thin to lush depending on how it’s grown. If irrigated CV grapes, likely to be on the thin side. “The rose’ of the foothills.

Where in the Central Valley, it’s a big place!

Grenache in Ca ranges from thin to lush depending on how it’s grown. If irrigated CV grapes, likely to be on the thin side. “The rose’ of the foothills.
Near Stockton. They were pretty neglected, as they're being torn out this winter. Didn't even get irrigated, they're going to be some desert grapes for sure.

Near Stockton. They were pretty neglected, as they're being torn out this winter. Didn't even get irrigated, they're going to be some desert grapes for sure.
Welcome, I'm just right up the road (1 hour) from you. Grenache, one of the worlds most planted wine grape! If you are willing to make the trek up to Loomis, I have some late harvest Petite Sirah that you could throw in with the Grenache to give it some body, especially if you are going to make a desert wine.

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe you should not limit yourself just to grapes. Getting into kit wine making will allow you to make wine year round from juice concentrates coming from around the world.

Latest posts

Back