New wine maker from Charleston, SC

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSquared

Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in making fruit wines. I started this journey in September 2014 when the Muscadine Vines pulled a bumper crop! I have made mostly 1 gallon test batches to see what I like. I've done strawberry, blueberry and muscadine. I have a 6 gallon batch of Dragon Blood fermenting now and I am very excited to find out how it turns out! I'm very much a noob and I'm here to learn!

Welcome to the forum!

Loved my visits to Charleston. My last duty station before leaving the Marine Corps (Oct. 1966) was in Beautfort, SC which made visits to Charleston possible with a weekend pass.

Welcome and greetings from the Upstate. How did you like your Muscadine wine? Never made it since I do not like the taste of fresh Muscadines. SC is one of the few states where good wine making grapes are not naturally grown.

When I was in the Navy; Charleston and the whole county was dry. You could be too young to remember. One had to go to a private club and tell them that Joe sent you. Oh--and pay them $10 for a "membership". Wettest dry county I ever saw. Probably made the politicians feel better though.

Terry

Welcome and greetings from the Upstate. How did you like your Muscadine wine? Never made it since I do not like the taste of fresh Muscadines. SC is one of the few states where good wine making grapes are not naturally grown.

When I was in the Navy; Charleston and the whole county was dry. You could be too young to remember. One had to go to a private club and tell them that Joe sent you. Oh--and pay them $10 for a "membership". Wettest dry county I ever saw. Probably made the politicians feel better though.

Terry

Muscadine Wine is actually one of my favorites. Duplin Winery is in North Carolina and they make Muscadine Wine. My Muscadine Wine came out pretty good. It's still aging but I swipe a bottle every once and a while and drink it anyway. I love to eat the Muscadines straight off the vine. I think it comes with growing up in the south! I'm way to young to remember us being a dry state but that's pretty interesting to hear about it.

Thanks to all those that welcomed me to the forum! I really love the way everyone has been so friendly and helpful!

Latest posts

Back