New use for plastic carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was young, we had a bathroom without radiant heat in the floor, the towels weren't heated either. You had to go to another room for television and the Internet. I can still remember when our shower only had one head so you actually had to turn to get all sides of your body wet. We didn't have dispensed liquid soap, so we had to get our soap by rubbing it off a bar (I think that's where the word "barbaric" comes from)!

CF0450B8AD274070A9E31092331EACEC.gif

WOW, and I thought I has it tough!! I'll never feel sorry for myself again!!

but have you ever actually thought about how much water you use? Most toilets for instance use around 3 gallons per flush, a shower? Who knows. If you have a spouse and a couple kids, the numbers go up.

Troy

Statistics show that the average person uses 80-100 gals/day. 100 years ago, the number was about 8-10 gal/day per family.

Last edited:
guess there weren't many obese kids in your school either

The obese kids come from sitting around on the couch with video games and fast food restuarants. Oh the good old days when kids would actually go outside and ride their bikes, play ball or pick up a game of release. I can recall leaving the house in the morning and not being back inside until dinner unless it was raining.

I agree Lon, Could you imagine what a swirley would have been like back then in the outhouse...

You wouldn't even have to make contact. Just having your head in the hole with all the ammonia type fumes would probably make you pass out.

I feel fortunate to have running water again at my U.P. place. Years ago the township decided to abandon the city water lines due to the cost of repairing the leaks and I went without for five years and had to haul from local springs or neighbors, bless their hearts. Two years ago I had a well put in for 11 grand but it is not plumbed to the house so have to haul water for cooking and luckily indoor flushing, I know how much we use and it is a lot. The well is near to where the future house will be built up on the hill and plumbed to the sauna. No shower so water off the stove or I fire the sauna up every other day for baths. I can say that I still enjoy being there versus being 25 miles out of Minneapolis, love the pace and the way of life. My view is not close to what you are experiencing up there. Needs generate ingenuity and you will appreciate it that much more. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back