New to wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesannie

Junior
Reaction score
I am new to this wine making.Anyone please tell recipe to make wine.For this xmas when i have to start wine making?

I am new to this wine making.Anyone please tell recipe to make wine.For this xmas when i have to start wine making?

Welcome to the forum.
I think it's easier to start out with a wine kit. This is a pretty good way to make a good wine that will be ready to drink in about 6 months. You can find the kits online or at your local home brew shop. You will need a minimal amount of equipment to start. Sometimes you can find inexpensive used equipment on Craig's list.

There should be a book “All I Really Need To Know I Learned by Making Skeeter Pee. I cut my teeth on Skeeter Pee, then Dragons Blood. If you are going to be making wine from fruit, I’d lean towards these two. You need to not only learn the steps, but understand why you are doing, what you are doing, to be able to tackle circumstances in the future that is not normal.

I cut my teeth on Skeeter Pee, then Dragons Blood

Made my first batch of Skeeter-like wine last year. Surprisingly good and shockingly popular.

And i finally googled dragons blood wine after seeing various references to it. Looks like it would be good too, as long as enough triple berry fruit is used.

The main question is: What fruit do you have available?

If you have wine kits available for purchase, I agree with those that recommend it. A wine kit has all the consumables you need and will produce a good first effort. Folks make award winning wine with kits.

If you're looking at fruit wines -- what fruit do you have? That may make a difference in what is recommended.

This forum is friendly to beginners -- if you don't understand something, ask.

Latest posts

Back