New To Wine and Excited To Learn!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodBarrels

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Very likely a different introduction then most, my interest in wine actually started with an interest in wine bottles - reading about the different shapes, uses and technical specifications surrounding how they are made. I'm a bit of a geek for technical work and design and love to see something made to exacting specifications. I run a small business in the technical design field, so I really appreciate attention to detail (especially when it can result in something I can drink!). After reading more here I will soon be getting into making wine too, but feel I need to know more before jumping into the deep end. I live in the Niagara region in Ontario, and we have some excellent wineries here that produce some good wines so I'm in a great spot to make a go of producing something myself.

Once I understand wine and the wine industry better I am also planning on trying to help out wineries and individuals source wine making supplies for cheaper then what is currently available. Looking through some of the tools and equipment needed now I'm sure I'd be able to provide better prices then what is out there. That being said there is much to learn! I am looking forward to having success here on my own journey and eventually being of value to other members too. Thanks for reading!

Welcome.
If you really want to learn get some yeast on something. Either a basic kit or check out Dave's dragon blood.
A batch in progress will let you know what to research, and the answers will be more meaningful

Back