new to the wine making thing.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxplod

Needs intervention!
Reaction score
hi im brand new as of yet to even start but im ready to get going any help would be fantasic like websights to buy supplys, tips, etc, thanks in advance.

There's a ton of info here just browse the sight, search some things and get yourself ed-ja-ma-kated.

Welcome to the forum, you're one of many recently joining.

I second that site. He wont rob you and stands behind his products 100% and will rectify any problems very quickly.

I third that suggestion! Welcome and get ready to have some fun!
Don't be shy to ask questions. Everyone on here started where you are now.

is glass carboys better than better bottles? and where can i get them cheap? thanks

I like glass better but some like the plastic. The Better Bottle is a fine vessel but you do have to be careful about having them to full and picking them up as they do squeeze easy forcing wine out of it and then putting it back down it will want to suck anything in the airlock back in. Also you cant do any vacuum racking or vacuum degassing in these as they suck right in. The glass on the other hand are very heavy and can break pretty easy if dropped or bumped or exposed to extreme temp changes fast. Glass can be cleaned very easily while plastic can scratch and then harbor bacteria in those scratches hence why you should replace primary buckets once in awhile after they start to get scratched up. I use a vacuum apparatus to rack all my wines and degas so glass is good for me and because I use this system I never have to pick up a full carboy ever. Without this system Id have to use gravity and rack to the floor and then pick that full carboy up and I have a very bad back and in doing so would probably put me in the hospital.

Glass vs Better bottle is a personal preferance. If you do a search on the forum for better bottles you'll read the pro's and con's of it. I personally prefer glass and thats all I own.

Latest posts

Back