New to the forum, just want to say hi!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua1980

Junior
Reaction score
Hey there everybody!
Name's Joshua, and I just want to introduce myself. I've been brewing at home for a couple years now. I still consider myself a bit of a novice, however. It's prrobably my favorite hobby. I wish I cold dedicate some more time to it.
I usually brew meads, as that's my favorite, but I also regularly brew up ciders and red wines. I've never actually joined a winemaking forum before, so I'm just taking a look around for the moment!
Have an awesome day!

Warm regards,
Joshua

Joshua, WELCOME! :b
There are some homebrewers here also (me). Are you looking into getting your feet wet making wine? have you made any wine yet..

Hey there Tom!
My favorite thing to brew is actually mead! I love it. Though I don't take it on too often these days, as honey is too expensive!
I've been making batches of cider lately, and it's been coming out really good. The only actual traditional wine I've tried was a batch of red using juice from merlot grapes... it didn't work out so well for me... :?
I came here looking for ideas on what to brew next, and I've never actually chatted much with other winemakers and brewers

Welcome Joshua. I had never joined any kind of site before this one. I am new to wine making but this is the place to go for answers. There are many experienced brewers here also.
Cheers , Steve:b

hello Joshua

Friendly bunch of people here.. have got 75 litres of cider currently fermenting and another 40 or 50 litres of juice to go..( still juicing the apples). Do you make sparkling cider?

Allie

Welcome Josh, I too brew mead along with many others here, I also make a lot of everything else to!

Hey joshua,

i'm just getting into brewing meads and so chime in on the meads section, put up some recipes and advice. enjoy the fun and games of the forum.

wsg

Welcome aboard. Ask away with the questions. Look forward to reading your posts.

hello Joshua

Friendly bunch of people here.. have got 75 litres of cider currently fermenting and another 40 or 50 litres of juice to go..( still juicing the apples). Do you make sparkling cider?

Allie

I haven't intentionally made any sparkling cider... Though my last batch was this past fall and I jumped the gun and bottled it up too soon. I guess the fermentation was not entirely complete, and I never use any sulfites in my meads, so it came out bubbly! It was a treat, and the batch did not get to age long at all :h I'm probably lucky the corks didn't start popping!

Hey joshua,

i'm just getting into brewing meads and so chime in on the meads section, put up some recipes and advice. enjoy the fun and games of the forum.

wsg

Hey there!
Meads are fantastic, I'm a big fan, so long as they don't come out too sweet... I like mine to be a bit on the dry side.
I didn't even know there was a whole section on meads!!! Awesome :r

I'll definitely check it out! Thanks!

hey

hi everybody im new too

i have only started to take an interest in brewing.

have not made any yet but i have been looking at making some strawberry wine cos it sounds nice

Welcome!
If looking for a strawberry wine check it out under "RECIPIES" there are a couple there.

Welcome VGWNB, you will find many people here willing to walk you through the process. You should get some equipment for making wine first though, at least a hydrometer.

hiya VinegarWineNoob.. and welcome..

Are scots big wine drinkers? What are you interested in making?

Allie

thanks

i have had a look at some of the recipes you guys are very helpfull :h

i have been sourcing places for my hydrometar and stuff its just close to my work yay and goood prices to arount the same as on the net

yes people in scotland like their wine but sadly in the most common case your normal drinker mainly thinks a good wine is a cheap one lol

i want to make wine for A) cheapness B) i like my wine C)and to say to my freinds and family look what i made aint you proud of me mum lol

can i ask a question i want to make my strawberry wine and im gonna go pick them as their in season
should i do a big batch or a small one ?:d

Vine, couple good recipes around for strawberry wine. Most everyone will tell you if you are new to wine making start with a small batch, but if you are able to find the berries at a decent price, I would say go for it and make a large batch(5 gallons US=25 bottles or so). But if you are unsure on how to begin, please ask before you invest your time and money into something you may not be real sure of. Everyone in here enjoys brewing there own and will be happy to help you along. We would all prefer you ask before you start, than to try to answer questions on where you may have gone wrong.:r

Troy

Good point arcticsid. Why not start with a 3 gallon (US). But it dont cost that much more to do a 3 or 6 gallon barch. Do you have the equipment to make it?. look on this forum for Strawberry recipies. When you decide ask here for tips.
Welcome to winemaking !

VWNB, Like others have said, ask the question before doing it as we are here to help you through it and its much easier to tell you what to do when all is going fine then what to do when all is going wrong but we could probably help you through that also. If you can afford it do at least a 3 gallon batch as the worst thing is producing a great wine and only having a few bottles. If it comes out so-so we can help you make it good.

VWNB..

Oh and.. freeze your fruit a few days before you are ready to use it..it'll help break it down before you start converting it into wine..

Allie

Latest posts

Back