New to it all...........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert81650

Reaction score
Hello, from North Alabama where it is still not spring. Just got into this new hobby back in December and am loving it. This brings out the chemist in me from my college training. Have fun and look forward to new ideas and techniques.

Welcome!! These forums are a treasure trove of experience and knowledge.

If you have a chemistry background and are willing to use it, you will find that the technical parts of wine making should come pretty easily. However, it will not exempt you from learning and struggling with the artistic side of winemaking. However, its a blast learning!

Welcome, you will like this forum. One of the best I participate in (different subjects)

Also, you will enjoy the hobby.

I am from north east end of Jefferson County, just below Oneonta. Where are you at.

Welcome to the forum!

So, with respect your new hobby, what have you been doing since December? Kits, fruit wine, etc?

Just started with store bought juices and frozen fruits from my freezer (peaches and strawberries. Have made some pretty good so far, has good alcohol level, but somewhat disappointed in fruity taste. Seems to be just sweetened acid and little flavor. Any hints would be appreciated..........

Just started with store bought juices and frozen fruits from my freezer (peaches and strawberries. Have made some pretty good so far, has good alcohol level, but somewhat disappointed in fruity taste. Seems to be just sweetened acid and little flavor. Any hints would be appreciated..........

Check out the Dragon Blood (DB) Wine recipe and spend some time browsing through the thread to get a feel for all the successful variations done using the basics of the DB recipe

Back