New to forum with question?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael C Cox

Junior
Reaction score
I started making my wine last Sunday and it looks like they have quit working.I fixed an apple juice with 2 cups of sugar and Fleishmans yeast and it was really working good the first few days ,i also fixed a grape and a mixed berry.They also look like they are doing nothing.Are they done already?

The only way to know for sure is to check the specific gravity and see if the sugar has been consumed. Another way would be to taste it and see if it sweet. I’m not sure if you used wine yeast, but if not the yeast you use may not be able to tolerate an environment with a high alcohol limit to consume all the sugar.

Fleishmans is bread yeast from the grocery store. Even if it has fermented, it's not going to taste very good. You need to get wine yeast. If you don't have a local brew shop, you can order online, even from Amazon.

Yea, the bread yeast will run out of steam. Pick up some 1118 yeast, it will plow through most anything, has a low nutrient need and not so finicky with the H2S.

Latest posts

Back