New to forum from south easterdm Indiana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbleill

Reaction score
New to forum from south eastern Indiana

Hello. My name is Mike and I have been making wine for several years now. All of my wine has been made from fresh grapes, so far. I usually make about 200 gallons each year. I plan to branch out and make some fruit wine this summer. I have had some success in wine making contests. I also have a vineyard with about 375 vines of several different types of wine grapes. The winter of 2013/14 and 2014/15 caused considerable damage to my vines. Sustained temperatures down to -20 deg F. I replanted 50 replacement vines last year and will be planting 120 more in the next month. I am looking forward to hearing from any local and distant winemakers and growers.
Best regards,
Mike

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Hope your replacement vines take hold and prosper.

I've only done kits and fruit wines but hope this fall to at least try one batch from a juice bucket. Though I live in PA I'm only about an hours drive from the NY Finger lakes region.

Thanks for the well wishes Bill. I am planting vines with a better resistance to lower temperatures. You live in a great area of the country!
Best regards,
Mike

Latest posts

Back