new to forum from iowa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corntassel

Reaction score
Found this forum by sheer luck. Saw a lot of people from other blogs and decided to join in. So far am impressed. I have been making wine for 11 years and just recently sold my winery per docters request so am back to being a hobbist. Actually enjoying it better. I do mostly fruite wines and some exotics. I do make some wines from grapes though. Most of my product went with the winery. I was left with only 42 cases of asorted wines so I am presently busy bulding my supply up. No way to catch up to Wade though. Hope my small amount of knowledge can be helpfull. Am enjoying a glass of Hibiscus wine at the moment so cheers everyone.

WELCOME !!
We look forward to your questions or answers to help others.
BTW. Wade dont even come close what I make or have... LOL snicker...

Found this forum by sheer luck. Saw a lot of people from other blogs and decided to join in. No way to catch up to Wade though. Hope my small amount of knowledge can be helpfull. Am enjoying a glass of Hibiscus wine at the moment so cheers everyone.

Welcome to our forum. Glad you found us. By the way who's Wade?:a1

welcome corn! glad to have u here! u farm, too, or just wine business? either and or would be stressful. when i am stressed, i come on here because everyone makes me smile or:)

no I don't farm and never have but I am srounded by corn fields. I taught at a seminary for preachers for 22 years. Believe me teaching preachers is stressful. I have had several heart attacks so at 71 it's time to hang it up and just watch my wine age. the wine started as a hobby then turned into a business. My docter is a wine fan but thinks I needed to retire. he said doing it as a hobby was less stressfull. Of course he still wants 1 or 2 bottles every so often.

Welcome. We love knowledge and experience, so you'll fit in well.

When you sell the winery, you're supposed to write in the deal that you get a couple of cases each year for the rest of your life. THEN you can really relax.

Welcome aboard from northeast nebraska it sounds like you might have a lot to offer our group because some of us are trying to start up our own winerys also

Hi corntassel,

Glad you found your way here and looking forward to hearing about your winemaking. Welcome

Welcome corntassel. Watch out for that Tom, he doesnt make wine he just sneaks into all of our houses and garbs a few full carboys from people like me who wouldnt notice one or two carboys missing! :) Actually Tom makes a lot of wine, just that no one wants to drink it so it just keeps piling up! Hehehehe, love ya Tom!

GEE WIZ Wade lets not scare them off...:(
Really we are all FAMILY here. Yes we have our moments and have yet to figure whe is MOM and DAD here... LOL !
Wade (mom)? :br

Latest posts

Back