New to forum and winemaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Goldwinger!
smiley31.gif
WOW! Awsome Tree! I need to get one of those! Where can I buy one? Do they spread and grow sprouts?
smiley36.gif

I figured that was you real first passion with your name. Before long you will need another bottle tree and a cooled warehouse for storage like the rest of us. By the way, what is that structure behind your baby? I just can't figure it out with those ramps, steel beams, concrete abuttments and fence all around. May some secret military installation like area 51..
smiley36.gif

I want to make homemade wine for the first time ,any suggestions of where to beging .Should I buy a kit if so what kind .......HELP where do I begin??????

Welcome summergirl....You already got a good start by coming here and asking your first question.
I started by buying a couple books and reading...reading....reading.
Edited by: Northern Winos

What kind of wine do you like, white, red sweet as in Ice wine, fruit.
There are all kinds of kits and thats where I would start. Oh, by the
way welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you have.
Thats why we're all here to help others or be helped ourselves.

Edited by: wadewade

summergirl said:
I want to make homemade wine for the first time ,any suggestions of where to beging .Should I buy a kit if so what kind .......HELP where do I begin??????

Posting a picture of yourself might help. I mean it's impossible to know which wine kit you should begin without knowing what you look like.
smiley36.gif

Welcome summergirl
smiley1.gif

Summergirl,
We will really need to know what types of wines you like to help guide you to the right kit. Sweet? Dry? Full-bodied? Wine cooler? And not only would we need to know what you like, but we also need to know what you DON'T like.
smiley11.gif
That may be even more important than what you do like. So give us some 411, the info, the facts and helpus to feel useful!

My first batchof Merlot. It has been bottled for about 4 weeks. I used magnum bottles. That way when I opened a bottle there is more that I will have to drink. I cannot wait to sample.

20061128_171044_wild.jpg

Very nice Goldwinger. We need a closeup of the label you designed though.

Edited by: wadewade

Goldwinger, your label is beautiful! Simple, elegant, and I especially like the "Micro Winery"! That's perfect! =)

Back