New to forum and winemaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldwinger

Reaction score
I have completed one Merlot kit. I cannot wait until it is ready to drink and share with friends. I found The Winemaker's Toy Store on line and visited yesterday. There are several kits and pieces of equipment on my wish list. There is lots of great information on this forum about wine makeing and I cannot wait to get it all read. I need lots of information and have lots of wine to make. This is the best information!!!! Hope to get to know some of you soon.

welcome aboard Goldwinger! In my opinion, this is not only the best wine making forum, but the best forum I've ever been a member of. The folks here are awesome and very helpful.

Welcome Goldwinger! You will find help here for more types of wine than you ever knew existed. Ask any question you have and someone will probably give you an answer. Some might even make sense.
smiley36.gif

What kind of Merlot kit did you do?

If you want to see a few of the members, check out Masta's music video
http://www.finevinewines.com/wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2252Edited by: appleman

Welcome to our forums. We are very proud of this place and our group. That is what is so great about hanging out here. You are part of a family that happens to be very knowledgeable. I have yet to ever see a post with a question go unanswered and you normally get your answer very quick.

There is a dedicated group here that loves to share their knowledge as well as just make more friends. I know I am quite proud to be a member here and know many of the fine folks here. I have even been accused of having a financial interest of George's company and trying to sell items on other boards as I always post links to this forum or to the catalog if someone asks where they can get an item on other forums. I have even been asked to take the links to this forum out of my signature lines on other forums I "used" to participate in. Guess they were sponsored by George's competitors.

It just boils down to I lovethis place, all of the people here, and truly believe you can't find a better place to buy your supplies from. If you are big into customer service like I am, it can't be beat. PERIOD! Plus, the prices are as good as anywhere, thereare no exorbitant,bogus "handling" up charges on shipping, plus George always makes himself available to the customer. Hell, I bet if you called his business number in the middle of the night he would answer it
smiley36.gif

Welcome aboard!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Heck yeah! What Smurfe said! It's kind of like Cheers around here but the characters are a lot more interesting!
smiley36.gif
Welcome! Edited by: PolishWineP

Welcome Goldfinger and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome Goldwinger. Glad to have you aboard. BTW, which Merlot kit did you make?

I may have to test a bottle tonight. We will need to experiment with the aging process. I can compare a bottle a week and really see the difference aging makes. This is after all my first batch and I really need to test it out good. By the way, how do you post a picture to the forum?Edited by: Goldwinger

Welcome, Goldwinger, from another newbie. This forum is very interesting and informative. It is amazing how much different "wine" people are making. I am on my 7th kit and I learn something new every time I get on the forum.

I tasted my kits before I bottled and they honestly did not taste good. I was concerned. Forum members assured me that age makes the difference. I have several batches that I have tasted now at six months and man what a change. They are bordering on excellent and I can't wait to leave them a year.

Have a good holiday and when you figure out how to post a picture let me know.

James

Goldwinger,

Hit the "reply" button on the upper right of a post and it will open up a box that has a lot of bells and whistles around it. Look for the "tree" icon above the reply box. Click on it and it will open up another window.

You can "Browse" on the lower left hand side and find the photo you want to post on your hard drive. Then hit "Upload".

The other way is to park photos at a place like photobucket.com (free). Copy and paste the URL link from photobucket and paste into the URL box on the upper right of the window. Be sure to have only one "http://" in that box. Hit the "Preview" button. Wait for it to be sure it's going to load then "OK" it. That should take you back to the window where you started to reply and your photo should be there. Write what you need to write. Then you "Post Reply".

Here's the best part...now you get to sit back and look at your handiwork!
smiley4.gif

I hope that was a bit clearer than mud!
smiley2.gif

Edited by: Joan

How to Post photos on the Forum...depends on your computer and the settings....and how lucky you are.

I had great luck...then my computer crashed and was restored...after that it was impossible for me to Upload photos

Click on the Reply button on the Post you are reading...Click on the UpLoad Button [little blue arrow on an icon] An Upload box will apppear... Browse through your computer and find the photos you wish to Post...Click on it and download....*</font> If your really lucky that will work!!!

There is a size requirement on the photos and the type of file you are using...to resize the Photos go to Power Toys to download the resizer....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx

*</font> if you are unlucky [like me] and it doesn't download for you then you have to try another way.Waldo, one of the Forum members turned me on to downloading the photos by going to Photobucket and set up an account...FREE...

http://photobucket.com/

Upload your photos there, click on the bottom box under your photos in your Photobucket account [ the IMG choice], Copy & Paste to your reply....It works that way for me.

Good luck...and show us your stuff!!!Edited by: Northern Winos

I see picture of wine bottle trees. None of them look quite like mine. There are about 200 bottles waiting on wine.

bottletree.jpg

I would love to grow one of those trees.When you pick them are they full?

Goldwinger said:
I see picture of wine bottle trees.  None of them look quite like mine.  There are about 200 bottles waiting on wine.

bottletree.jpg

Glad the download worked for you...your on a roll now!!!

I see Joan also posted, I must have started my note while she was posting...same info...good that something worked for you.....

Looking forward to more photos...we love photos on this Forum!!!Edited by: Northern Winos

Latest posts

Back