New Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scooter68 thanks for the reply. You are right that does sound good. I was thinking about using it to help with a grape juice wine that I am thinking of making along with chocolate. Who knows the possibilities are endless. Take care

I am really liking the way the chocolate is coming through in the berry I am doing with cacao nibs.

I am really liking the way the chocolate is coming through in the berry I am doing with cacao nibs.

Brigitte how do you use chocolate do you put in primary or secondary do you break it up or crush it any help would be great. Plus I will get you the blueberry recipe today.

Brigitte how do you use chocolate do you put in primary or secondary do you break it up or crush it any help would be great. Plus I will get you the blueberry recipe today.

IMG_3610.jpg

Jasper
I actually used it more like an F pack. We made 2 batches of a triple berry using frozen fruit from Sam’s. Raspberry blueberry and cherry I believe. One batch was MT yeast. It is astounding in fruit flavor. The other batch was D47 or something similar. Don’t have my notes with me. That batch was so flat and uninteresting that I bought a bag of the berry blend with cacao nibs and put the whole bag in a clean carboy (3 gallon I believe ) and racked onto them. After a week it was really nice. A little back sweetening REALLY brought the chocolate out. I have read on here of people using the 85% cocoa lindtz (sp?) chocolate bars and breaking them up and putting in secondary. They said it was good too.

Also don’t go to a lot of trouble with the recipe. I won’t have time to do any more wine for awhile

I am in no hurry

Pineapple coconut cleared and ready for the rum. Hopefully next weekend I will be bottling this and my blueberry peppermint. Both have great flavor to me at least :thg

Have a great thanksgiving everyone

Attachments

• 1511149497006937965697.jpg
    1511149497006937965697.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 14
Pineapple coconut cleared and ready for the rum. Hopefully next weekend I will be bottling this and my blueberry peppermint. Both have great flavor to me at least :thg

Have a great thanksgiving everyone

Jasper that’s beautiful!! Yum!!

Back