Vineco New Passport 2017 limited editions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time I get around to making this all of you will have made yours and reported back with the results...... :)

I started the Cab Sauv Rose last night. I'm not planning any tweaks other than skipping sorbate and bulk aging, since this is my first Passport Series kit. SG was 1.086 @ 72F, so pitched the EC 1118. There is already a small cap forming this morning :db

My Rose hit a SG of 1.010 last night, so racked over into a carboy to finish under airlock. I haven't tried a taste of it yet, but it (and the rest of my basement) smells like ripe strawberries. I'm very excited for this one.

I have Rhone 4600 on the way for the Cab Rose. I opted to use it opposed to GRE. Will keep everyone posted as this is the first time using this yeast.

Decided ultimately to go with GRE on this one. I will try W15 on the Blanc de Noir.

Here you go! The left is Cab Sauv Rose finishing its fermentation, middle is Vermentino (bulk aging), and right is Bravado (bulk aging).

Edit: Website doesn't like me posting the picture so here is an external: http://imgur.com/3uWAhtK

Last edited:
I know this isn't the place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this. My cheap Chinese ph pen broke so I bought a new Milwaukee MW101 pH meter. I just calibrated it but I forgot to buy any storage solution. Will this be a problem to store it dry for few days or should I store it in water or buffer solution?

Won't hurt to store it dry for a few days or you can store it in the 4.01 Buffer solution.

I know this isn't the place to ask this, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this. My cheap Chinese ph pen broke so I bought a new Milwaukee MW101 pH meter. I just calibrated it but I forgot to buy any storage solution. Will this be a problem to store it dry for few days or should I store it in water or buffer solution?

Thanks for the quick reply Mike. I'll use 4.01 until I can get some storage solution.

Has anyone had their Kookaburra kit shipped yet? The Vineco website says March. I'm not nearly ready to start it yet, but I saved a space on my shelf next to a Zinfandel kit. I want it there so I can argue with myself about which to start first!

Steve, I just started mine tonight.

I'm not making mine to spec though. I swapped out the yeast and replaced with RC-212. Also added black cherries and blackberries to the grape skin pack.

Also reduced the water, and brought the primary level to 21L.

I'm really excited about this kit.

Steve, I just started mine tonight.

I'm not making mine to spec though. I swapped out the yeast and replaced with RC-212. Also added black cherries and blackberries to the grape skin pack.

Also reduced the water, and brought the primary level to 21L.

I'm really excited about this kit.

I just called FVW, and their shipment did not come in yet but will hopefully come in this week. Did the Kookaburra kit come with EC-1118? If so, I have an extra pack of BM4x4 I could use on this kit.

Steve,

The kit came with Lalvin EC-1118 yeast.

The kit also came with 16L of juice, Grape skin pack, 2 packages of oak chips, bentonite, k-meta, sorbate, 2 packs of chitosan and 2 packs of kiesosol.

The developers must think that there will be a great deal of lees / sediment; I don't plan on using the clarifiers unless I need to.

Latest posts

Back