New Ontario member...!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbu50

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello! New to the site. I've been making wine from grapes at home for almost 10 years. I learned from my Dad who would buy grapes every year from Toronto area importers who imported grapes from California. He never added any additives. When I got my own place I started making my own wine. After reading a book on winemaking I started using sulphite and yeast. Later I got some good advice from a local wine supply shop who introduced me to yeast nutrient and pectic enzymes. That improved my product greatly... I've made a lot of mistakes over the years, but also got lucky a few times and made some good stuff... I'm happy to find this site and hoping to improve my amateur wine making and get me to the next level. (For example, I've never been able to figure out how to test/adjust for acidity, seems a little too complicated...) Nonetheless, hoping to post some questions and get some good advice from the community, thanks!

Latest posts

Back