New Michigan Winemaker!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know right??!? Brew days were long. I was able to get them down to 4-6 hours depending on how efficient I could make everything.
My first wine I was left thinking; that’s it??
It was refreshing.
I just racked my first wine into secondary. Smelled great, and I took a little taste. I was pleasantly surprised. Tasted good for being so young. I’m excited.

LOL, I know right. Sure sign someone's from Michigan when they hold up their hand to show you where they live.
I'm in the Fenton area which is about halfway between Detroit and Flint.
Dave, hit me up, I am in Clarkston and can always provide some help if needed. Also there is another thread about starting a local wine club in our area. We might be getting together in June. Also look up Macomb Vitners and California Wine Juice company in Detroit. Both have Chilean Juice coming in May, should still be taking orders.

Hi everyone. New to wine making, not to Michigan ;) and I'm enjoying reading many of the posts on here. Everyone seems very helpful. I've been brewing beer for some time now but can no longer drink it due to gluten issues. (Not thrilled about gluten free beer). Hoping a lot of that knowledge and equipment will transfer over. I definitely enjoy wine and even more now that I'm starting to make my own. I've got a Winexpert LE21Marselan kit going that just finished primary.

So far there's less work involved than a typical brew day, but the waiting for the finished product ....... ugh!!!!
Hey bud, I was up in Michigan for awhile. There are so many apple orchards there! Have you tried making Hard Cider? Seems like a natural to me!
Oh, I'm a converted brewer as well!

Last edited:
For those who like hard cider this is a great state for apples. Unfortunately I'm not one of those. There are occasionally some that I find okay, but not enough for me to spend the time fermenting.

LOL, I know right. Sure sign someone's from Michigan when they hold up their hand to show you where they live.
I'm in the Fenton area which is about halfway between Detroit and Flint.

Hey, i used to live in Fenton. One good thing about living in Michigan, we produce a lot of fruit here. Plenty of orchards in your area too.

Latest posts

Back