new menber

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello to all im gonçalo pina from portugal glad to meet all of you , i love wine and i decided to start making my one and plant two small vineards (i cant find good varity grapes were i live, at least the ones i want) this year i will have finaly enougt grapes to start , im really happy about it.

Welcome to Wine Making!
Have you considered starting with a prepared Kit? I have made six batches using WinExpert Kits, which include the Grape Juice and everything else besides hardware equipment. And wine from these kits all turned out very well for me.

Here is a link to a dealer that ships WinExpert kits from the United Kingdom:
https://www.creativewinemaking.co.uk/winexpert-classic-chilean-cabernet-sauvignon-30-bottle.html
From this dealer the shipping cost should be rather low for you. Good Luck starting to make your own wine!

Welcome to WMT, gonçalo. Enjoy the forum. Keep us posted with your projects?

Starting with kits can teach a lot about making wine if you haven't made it before

Welcome to Wine Making!
Have you considered starting with a prepared Kit? I have made six batches using WinExpert Kits, which include the Grape Juice and everything else besides hardware equipment. And wine from these kits all turned out very well for me.

https://www.creativewinemaking.co.uk/winexpert-classic-chilean-cabernet-sauvignon-30-bottle.html
From this dealer the shipping cost should be rather low for you. Good Luck starting to make your own wine!
wine kits no not really they arent available in portugal and for me part of the fun is taking care of the vineyard and watch it grow my grapes.

Welcome to Wine Making!

thank you , i honestly had no idea about wine kits , at least i will try to learn before i try to make wine with grapes i already bougth a fermentaçion cube i will try a kit our two do ou recomend any varitie to be easier learning?thank you

Welcome to WMT! What do you want to plant in your vineyard?
i already plant a land i have , its a sunny slope turning east clay soil with good drenage i planted 200 grapevines there 100 douro valley grapes touriga nacional, touriga franca, tempenilo its not because im portuguese but i think douro valeey reds can matchs any of the best world wines great and diferent flavours also 50 merlot and 50 pinout noir clone 115 they are planted and they are growing well this year i will defenitive make wine from my grapes i have another pice of land somowath cooler less sun hours wicth i plant 50 pinout noir as well however is in the botow of a small valley with a small creek its also clay but extremely fertile but cooler im thinking more pinout but only if i could find low yielding hig quality clones like 943 wicth i coud find but nobody is wiling to ship to me in portugal yet im sure i coud find it i live 15 km from the sea portugal is to hot for pinout but summers here in atlantic coast are mild i migth get lucky i just love the flavour of pinout and its so expensive in portugal it hurts.

Latest posts

Back