Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup

Buttercup Vineyards
Reaction score
Found this site and thought I would give it a try. My wife and I have been wine tasting and touring for over 20 years and currently have 80 vines in their second leaf. Next year will be our first harvest. We are setiing up our wine making operation this summer as we are able to purchase grapes from a local vineyard. We look forward to getting to know folks on the forum.

Bob

Bob, welcome aboard, we're glad you found us. Feel free to ask questions any time, how exciting starting your own vineyard and jumping in with both feet. You will find there are several experts on this forum that know plenty about starting and maintaining vinyards and you may even find a few people that know something about making wine..LOL. Please keep us posted on your ventures and feel free to start your own thread tracking your ventures and letting us know whats happening.

And don't forget the search function.
Most search results will have links at the bottom under where it says "Similar Threads", These links will lead you on a wonderful journey of like minded links.

Many is the time i have found myself saying, "OMG it's 2am? i was just doing a little searching.

Welcome Bob. We have many many wine makers hre that can help you along on any wine making question. We also have a few people here that have gone commercial with their vineyards and can help you if you plan to go that route.

Yes, welcome aboard....I wish I had room/time for a vineyard.....I guess I'd say room first......I could make the time.

Thanks for the welcome. We've been involved with many wine making projects in the central valley of California. There's one commercial winery we get to poke around and ask a lot of questions. We also have a grape growers group in our area that meets monthly. Two couples are in the process of setting up commercial wineries. My wife and I would like to but we're getting into it slowly.

Sure good to have you and the wife amongst us Bob. Lot of knowledge here for the sharing.

Welcome. Pull up a couple chairs. Have a seat

Many members also have vines, some have wineries, some like kits, even frozen juice.

One member made wine from milk.

Sure ask away, I hope you find some relevant answers to help you in your quest to be a vinter!

Cheers!

Welcome. Sounds like you and your wife are starting to live my dream.

wow, bob, welcome! can't wait to hear about your adventures. what types of vines do you have?

We currently have 45 Petite Sirah and 35 Cab Souvignon vines. We have room for about 250 more if we want to expand onto a really nice south facing ridge. We will be purchasing about 400 lbs of Merlot and 400 lbs of Alicante Bouschet to get started this year. We are picking up all the equipment right now to process these. We've always enjoyed wine and have been intrigued by the winemaking process. this will be new to us but we have a lot of folks giving encouragement.

Welcome Bob, im pretty new to this forum lots of good people here with some really good advice.Good luck to you and your wife i look forward to reading about your adventure into the grape world.Keep us posted,love all those wines you mentioned,alicantie is a great blending wine,usually with zins and merlots.My favorite is the petite syrah.Cheers to you..

Welcome! this is a great forum and there is plenty to learn here. Keep us updated on your adventures!

Bob Nice to see you here and have your own vineyard. Here you will fine people with little experience tofFellow vineyard and wineries owners.
Ask away.

Glad to have you at Winetalk. You'll get all your answers here. These guys and gals are great. Not me, just them. One more time, glad to have you.

:b

Glad to have you at Winetalk. You'll get all your answers here. These guys and gals are great. Not me, just them. One more time, glad to have you.

:b

YOU are also great as well as everyone here

Latest posts

Back