Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLaluminum

Junior
Reaction score
Preparing to install an 8 acre vineyard/winery in several annual phases in the Central Florida region. Family owns a vineyard in Long Island which I've worked on and they're willing to assist where they can but I would be greatly helped by some others with more southern growing experience. Thanks!

Welcome. 8 acres is a lot of vines but I guess you probably know that. I’m just starting in the north so not much help with varieties. I’m sure some of our southern growers will chime in.

In the mean time try searching the site for “some southern state” vineyards.

Yes, welcome. I'm sure you know that you have gone to a different would in Florida. I'm not sure you can manage anything other than Muscadines but check with some of our other Florida folks. On the other hand, you have a plethora of tropical fruits available.

Eight acres is a lot. More than one person can handle alone. Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome and kind words! The vineyard I come from has 55 acres but the vines and wines here are quite different. Im hoping to find a nice balance by working in some zone tolerant wine varieties.

Welcome to the forum. Are you making wines at the moment?

Latest posts

Back