Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonboy6692.ja

Reaction score
I'm John from Iowa. I've made wine off and on since 1972. My winemaking hobby was ended when I got nasal polyps. I could not smell or taste. Now a miracle, "Dupixent " , a drug that came along gave me back ability to smell and taste. I make fruit wines from recipes, not worried about technical aspects and scientific equipment.

I'm John from Iowa. I've made wine off and on since 1972. My winemaking hobby was ended when I got nasal polyps. I could not smell or taste. Now a miracle, "Dupixent " , a drug that came along gave me back ability to smell and taste. I make fruit wines from recipes, not worried about technical aspects and scientific equipment.
Welcome to WMT. Good for you! Enjoy restarting your hobby.

I can't even imagine what a blessing that is for you. Congratulations!

Welcome to WMT. There is plenty of good advice and interesting conversation to be had.

What are you going to be making now that you’re back in? There are a lot of friendly folks here and a ton of great experiences and information. Looking forward to hearing what you’re up to~

David. Thank you for asking!
Just yesterday I researched how to tell the difference between raspberry and blackberry plants. I know now!
I know of a place where both grow wild. I will make wines from each.

Sounds great… I’ve made a few BlackBerry wines. No raspberry ones yet… they don’t seem to make it too long before being eaten…. Are they blackberries or black caps?

Black raspberries are hollow when you pull them off, and blackberries / blackcaps are solid and usually bigger. My bad for reading too fast, I thought you had black raspberries! Either way they are great… I’ve also made a great blackberry and rosemary jam… yum!

Hello John, welcome. That's great to hear, congratulations. What about grape wines?

Latest posts

Back