Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grole

Junior
Reaction score
I just waneted to say hi to every one. I am new to the forum and, also, in process of making my first batch (15 gallons) of merlot. I will need a lot of help.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome.
15 gallons is pretty challenging for a first batch.
Good luck and keep us updated.

I just waneted to say hi to every one. I am new to the forum and, also, in process of making my first batch (15 gallons) of merlot. I will need a lot of help.

Thank you in advance.

WELCOME ! :dg
ASK away we love to help here

welcome to the forum mate, I m sure you will get lots of help here , As we have many peoples who know really very much :D.

As they helped me you will also get the help , just one important thing is that you have to tell each and every thing , that means what is going inside your wine beaker :D

Hope you will enjoy here .....:b

Thank you in advance.

Howdy grole... wow, that's a lot of wine... looks like you'll have enough to set some back and let it age properly... take care...

Welcome! There is alot to learn but these folks make it enjoyable....15 Gallons, it will go by so fast!

Welcome aboard. 5 gallons or 15 gallons, it works pretty well the same. With that volume are you going to barrel age it? I look forward to reading your posts.

15 gallon batch

I already feel so much supported and I thank you all so much.
A friend of mine started making wine at home a few years ago and after drinking a couple of glasses of his wine I became so interested in winemaking and decided to make some myself. Here in Columbus Ohio we have a Produce store where we order grapes and buy all the other supplies and equipment needed. I also ordered some supply from E.C.Krauser website. So the measure my friend had was 8 boxes of grapes (Merlot) would give somewhere between 15 and 18 gallon of wine, which would fit in a 15 gallon demi-john and also have some to top up later in the process. However, I decided to take 3 5gallon carboys so I can be more flexible while aging the wine. Now, my plan is to start consuming one carboy within next month or two and let rest of it age.
As I mentioned earlier in my introduction, this is my first attempt to make wine and I am trying to read as much as I can hoping I will get something at least drinkable.

Cheers...

Latest posts

Back