New Member Info

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive!

I wonder if I could get away with something like this. Maybe someday...

Well, I guess it is true....even in wine making in TX. EVERYTHING is BIG in Texas. hahahaha

Very nice set up. Once all those age in a a yr or 2, you will have some nice wines!!
smiley4.gif

Hey and hi

I just bought a couple of these 'big fermenting buckets' from Home Depot. They are the Rubbermaid 'Brute' 'trash cans'. They are food grade and are used alot in the food industry. The white, green and gray are all food grade. It will give you the classification and number on the bottom of the container.

Here is from their website:" Seamless, polyethylene construction won't dent, rust or leak. Reinforced rim and base. All colors are NSF/USDA Approved for food contact and NSF tested/certified"

I paid$29.97 each. The 'wheeled carts' also are the same price but I bought a 1/2 size furniture dolly from Harbor Freight for $9 and works just fine.

Hope that this helps.

rrawhide
smiley20.gif

Don't "waste" your money on the rollers for the Brute. I got one last year and "refuse" to use it. When you get the can half full of grapes it becomes very top heavy and will spill over if you look at it wrong. The device is just plain "garbage".Put the Brute where you want it and leave it there when full. I have ten of them I use. Sorry for that, but the rollers just plain "stink"!

Hi Wade

Maybe, erdoc could contract with you to build him a wine room, wine racks and a stairway to access them.Bet you could do it.

later

rrawhide

thanx Appleman

Good advice - will not buy the rubbermaid rollers and will be very very careful.....

Generally how full do you go on these 'brutes'?

rrawhide

rrawhide,
Did you get lids for them? How many galloms are they?

rrawhide said:
thanx Appleman

Good advice - will not buy the rubbermaid rollers and will be very very careful.....

Generally how full do you go on these 'brutes'?

rrawhide

I missed that part of the post- I full up to under the top wide ring about 6-8 inches down for primary fermentation. I keep it down about 4-5 inches for the whites and that is plenty. The reds at 6-8 inches doen will hit the lid withing a few hours. I have never had one bubble over at that level.

Latest posts

Back