New member in WI

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laxbrew33

Junior
Reaction score
Embarking on my dream of having a vineyard this spring, if it ever actually arrives. I will be planting on the east coast of lake Michigan near Green bay. I will be starting small but expanding in the future. I love wine but have never made it yet. I have a decent amount of beer and will be trying a wine kit in the near future. I look forward to learning much in the future from all of you.

Welcome to the forum. While you are waiting look on here for the skeeter pee forum. Try making a batch of skeeter pee or dragons blood. Will give you some of the basics for when you start to making your wine from your own grapes or kits. Also, not much cash layout. Arne.

Hi Laxbrew33,
Your in the right place! These people are great!
I am a newbie on my first batch of wine(Apple- Cinnamon).
Good Luck in all!
Cheers,
:b

Thanks all. Arne, I have tried making Skeeter in the past and the level of acidity was way over what I could handle, is that normal or was it more likely an error I made?

So many possibilities
Ive not made it but have used citrus and pineapple
I will prefer to believe you didnt finish.
Do it again and give us play by play
Ask first, act on advice.
Probably needed sugar.

Thanks all. Arne, I have tried making Skeeter in the past and the level of acidity was way over what I could handle, is that normal or was it more likely an error I made?
Try not using as much lemon. Maybe throw a container of lime concentrate (from frozen foods in the grocery) . Last one I made, used the lees from pinapple, one bottle of lemon 48 oz, and 3 cans lime concentrate. Took a lot of the acidity out of it. Have been cutting back on the lemon because of the acid. Might try mixing up a small amount of each ingredient and taste it before you ferment. Can also add dark fruits to it like elderberries, raspberries, blackberries or even grapes. No limit to how you can change it. Also like Keith said above, sweeten it a bit more after it is finished. Make sure you stabalize it first, then add more sugar or honey. Helps hide the acid. Arne.

Embarking on my dream of having a vineyard this spring, if it ever actually arrives. I will be planting on the east coast of lake Michigan near Green bay. I will be starting small but expanding in the future. I love wine but have never made it yet. I have a decent amount of beer and will be trying a wine kit in the near future. I look forward to learning much in the future from all of you.
Welcome, I live in Appleton and I'm curious waht types of grapes you'll be planting. Thanks, Gary

Welcome. I am in the Port Washington area. We operate a 4000 vine vineyard in the area

Havlikn, sour_grapes, thank you. papaj I will be planting Marquette, Frontenac Gris, Frontenac, Edelweiss, Kay Gray for wine, and then also somerset and st theresa, both seedless, for eating/artistry.

Latest posts

Back