New Member from Upstate NY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madnurse

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just want to say that I have enjoyed visiting the forum and am gaining a lot of knowledge by reviewing the topics posted. I am new to this hobby and am quite excited about it. To date I have bottled RJS Pinot Chardonnay, RJS Blackberry Merlot, MMVNBarolo, and today, MM VN Pinot Grigio. Fermenting is WE Port. Next up is MM Chardonnay and IM Red Raspberry Merlot. On order: MM VN Castel del Papa and MM VN Lambrusco. I am sure that I will be posting some questions in the future as I get the courage up to get into the higherend kits.

Glad to be here.
smiley2.gif

Welcome madnurse. Another one from NY. There are a few of us here. What part of the state are you from?

Nice mixture of kits you have done and are getting ready to do. Any questions just ask and someone will get right back.

Welcome aboard madnurse. Hope you stay awhile and share your experiences.

Welcome madnurse, you are off to a very good start..
smiley32.gif
...A fine choiceof wines to have a selection to pick from....Have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labor...

Wow, Madnurse! You sure have been busy!!! Welcome to the forum!

Another New Yorker! Whooohooo!
smiley4.gif

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Appleman, I'm from Howes Cave, NY.;about 40 miles SW of Albany. Not much in the way of supply shops in the area. 1 in Oneonta (40 miles) and 2 in Albany area (45 miles). Just placed an order from "Winemakers Toy Shop" because of the prices; (and the convenience of shopping in my pajamas). Heard a lot of good things about the place. Can't wait til the delivery gets here; only doing 1 batch at a time is making me "antsy".
smiley5.gif

I know the area pretty well. I have been in the caves before. I remember my Dad almost got stuck in that one tight squeeze of a spot! I went to SUNY Cobleskill and graduated in 1974- WOW, that's a long time ago! You aren't that far away! We used to make the trip in about 2 and a half hours, but weren't exactly following all posted speeds! Joan is a couple hours or so west of you.
Again Welcome

Welcome.

Let us know how that Lumbrusco turns out. I have been contemplating getting that one for some time now but haven't tried it yet. There arejust too many choices
smiley5.gif

Yes another NEW YORKER!! I am frow upstate NY myself Near Utica and we have a camp in Cooperstown.. Welcome!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back