New Member from the Central Coast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowpoly

Junior
Reaction score
Helped out a home vitner pick and crush grapes a few weeks ago and caught the bug. I live in a little apartment so no real grapes at the moment, but bought a Wild Grapes cab sauv kit off Amazon and a basic Viognier WE kit. We’ll see how it goes. The worst part of it all is waiting 3-6-12mo to taste! Any tips or photos of little home micro wineries would be appreciated as I try to assemble my own.

I dabbled in beer making back in college so I’ve learned the golden lesson early: sanitize, sanitize, sanitize.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I mix up primary fermenters in the kitchen. Ferment in my room (the den), rack in my room, wash and bottle in the laundry where I put a counter over the washer dryer with a large sink in between. I bulk age carboys under my desk in my room and in a cheap 30" cabinet that I reinforced with metal to hold the weight of the wine on the shelves. 2 carboys on the bottom, and 2 shelves for 1 gallon batches. Empty bottles are in the guest closet.

Welcome to WMT! Search for Skeeter Pee and Dragonblood recipes on this site to make some quick drinkers you can consume while waiting for your grape based kits to age. Plus, you can polish your wine making and bottling skills with the quick drinkers!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Welcome to WMT! I’m in the process of figuring out my whole setup now. As with many, it’s a lot of here and there at the moment. Definitely make some SP or DB as Jovimaple suggests, it will be very helpful in process and waiting / patience… there are a lot of great folks here with a ton of experience.

Latest posts

Back