New Member from Pennsylvania

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AXIOM

Junior
Reaction score
Just a short intro ... Been making wine for quite a few years. Just found this forum and decided to join. I joined a similar forum a few days ago but a large section of that forum is devoted to beer brewers... Nothing wrong with beer but I am only interested in wine. I like to experiment with various vegetables and fruits in order to create Country style wines. Nothing wrong with fermenting grapes but that has been done for thousands of years and I like trying to produce wines from substances that at first may seem to be odd to try to create wine from. For me, the experimentation is part of the fun of the craft.

Welcome, experiment - yes!
I love spicy food, so eventually, I'll try a jalapeño wine!

yeah I have created various wines from flowers/plants of all kinds and am currently focusing on firm/hard root vegetables ..... I usually produce fairly large batches of wine but I first do experiments with small batches until I am able to get a half-way descent wine and once I get a wine dialed in, then I will produce large batches of it.

Welcome!
I enjoy the experimentation too with fruit wines. Going to try a variation on danger daves dragon blood with kumquats soon.
Joe

Thanks for the welcome folks.... Looks like a good forum here and one that I will enjoy ... It looks like I have lots of threads and posts to catch up on LOL .... @Jal5 , I have not tried Kumquats (yet) and would love to hear about your trials with them.

Back