New Member from Kentucky

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admiral

Reaction score
Hello to all on the forum. I am new to wine making but not to wine drinking.
smiley1.gif
I have ordered my first kit and I am waiting for it to arrive. I am looking forward to reading your posts and learning from you.

Welcome admiral, where do you live and what kit are you waiting for? Hope you stay with us and shae in our family that is ever growing with knowledge and friendship.

I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I am waiting for the Mosti all juice Pinot Noir. I am hoping for a satisfying hobby andsome good wine. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome admiral.....Glad to have you here with us...

Hope you enjoy wine making as much as wine drinking....

Merry Christmas!!!!

Welcome to the forum Admiral, think you will be well pleased with the all juice, it makes a very good wine!

Thanks to all who have welcomed me. Yes waiting is difficult. However, a little wine eases the pain.
smiley1.gif
I know that the all juice requires alot of wait time. Perhaps it wasn't the wine to use as my first? What do you folks think?

Welcome Admiral,

Patience is a virtue, my cupboards are short on patience....
smiley1.gif
But I'm getting better at it, as will you.......

If you want to start with a kit to drink sooner while you wait tfor the All Juice, try one of the Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble kits. Might I suggest the Franc/Sauvignon. It makes a very nice quick drinking wine with lots of Cab flavors and plenty of body with just a nice touch of oak.

Welcome Admiral.

Welcome to the forum, Admiral! Yes, patience can be hard to come by some days. Stay busy with many kits and maybe a country wine or two. That will help to keep you from drinking your wines before their time.

Yes, waiting can be hard. Right now, with Christmas and family and all the doings, a little easier. It's after the holidays that things slow down. Right now, I am still thinking about where to locate my wine making activities. Such questions as: How important is proximity to a water faucet? How much space will I need? Is light a real enemy of wine?

So, with those questions, and the holidays, I am busy right now.
smiley1.gif
Edited by: admiral

Welcome admiral,

The spaces we find to locate our wines is a varied as there are wines. Mine have been in the bedroom, under the bed, in closets, just taking up space in the kitchen and dining room. Carboys, tubing, primaries bottles are all part of the decor.

Glad to have you here with us on the Forum.

Ramona

A country wine is a wine made from any other fruit then grapes. Being located next to a faucet is a real help but not needed. It will sure save your back though.

You don't need to store your wine materials near the water. We do most of our aging in the family room in the basement and haul it up the stairs to work with it. As soon as we lift the house off of the basement and raise the height of the basement about 2 feet,
smiley36.gif
then we'll do our wine work down there. Until then, it's the stairs for us!

A number of things can be hard on wines,temperature change, light, vibration to name a few.....I belive temperature change on a daily basesbeing number one....And light being number two [sun light being the worst]....But we all try to work with what we have and have some fun doing it....Good Luck....And don't be afraid questions....
smiley1.gif

Thanks to all of you for your welcomes and your answers. Now, let's see a "country wine"... what does George have in stock?

Back