New member from Downunder

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millabout

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just joined this great forum after searching info how to fix my italian corker.
I am a winemaker (and grape grower) from Barossa, now retired.
Used to make and sell natural wines (in clay pots) before Covid but then got fed up with restaurants not paying their bills on time and now all the wine that I make is for me and my family, only selling some of the grapes.
Still produce around 700 - 800 L (2 barriques and a hogshead this vintage).
Happy to answer questions and always keen to learn new tricks.

Cheers
Stan

Attachments

• Photo0142.jpg
    Photo0142.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 0
Welcome! What variety of grapes are pictured? I'd love a clay amphora.

What is wrong with your Italian corker? I took the jaws of mine apart to clean up rust and repaint. It was a real challenge to get the brass jaws reseated but we managed. Hint one, take a picture before you do anything and hint two, have a helper because it takes more than two hands to fix anything on the corker.

Hi all,

I just joined this great forum after searching info how to fix my italian corker.
I am a winemaker (and grape grower) from Barossa, now retired.
Used to make and sell natural wines (in clay pots) before Covid but then got fed up with restaurants not paying their bills on time and now all the wine that I make is for me and my family, only selling some of the grapes.
Still produce around 700 - 800 L (2 barriques and a hogshead this vintage).
Happy to answer questions and always keen to learn new tricks.

Cheers
Stan
Greetings - there are a few Southern Hemisphere folk drifting around WMT. I’m across the Tasman Sea in NZ. I have great memories of the Barossa Valley. Had my honeymoon there in November / December of 1988. I keep telling my bride we need to get back to that lovely area of South Australia.

Welcome to the forum, Stan. Enjoy!

Back